Thursday, December 26, 2013

From Christmas to the New Year

This year has absolutely flown by. I can hardly believe Christmas has come and gone. It was a good time and only one small meltdown on my part. For some reason I have become very clingy with Henna. I don't want her out of my sight and I worry that something will happen to her. On Christmas morning I held her in my arms and just sobbed. I was sad that I was no longer pregnant, sad that I don't know if or when we will have another child but happy that she's growing and healthy.

Christmas eve was spent at my paternal grandfather's house as has been our tradition as far back as I can remember. It started later than usual which was good for my waist line. Less time had to be spent trying to avoid the kitchen which of course is my favorite place in the whole house to sit. It's where all the talking happens.



I love playing games with my family and we started off playing the dice game farkle. We promptly were interrupted by meals needing finished and reheated and kids crying. For me the game night was cut short as Henna was just TOO tired to function and my husband had come down with a fever of 103. When we got home I didn't have much to do so I caught up on the Jenny Craig forums and revisited my post about my new year's resolution:

Oh, what a year??!! From some of my highest highs to some of the lowest lows, this year has really run the gamut. I feel like I've been living in an Alanis Morrisette song:


I'm broke but I'm happy

I'm poor but I'm kind

I'm short but I'm healthy, yeah

I'm high but I'm grounded

I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed

I'm lost but I'm hopeful baby

What it all comes down to

Is that everything's gonna be fine fine fine

'cause I've got one hand in my pocket

And the other one is giving a high five

I feel drunk but I'm sober

I'm young and I'm underpaid

I'm tired but I'm working, yeah

I care but I'm restless

I'm here but I'm really gone

I'm wrong and I'm sorry baby


But as the end of the year approaches I've been writing a lot which has been very cathartic and for the first time in my life I'm making a new year's resolution.

In 2014, I am getting out of the 200's... back to onderland... and I am NEVER seeing 200 again on my scale. So this new year is dedicated to working my way FAR away from 200... continuing to be active and adventurous and to make it a family effort. I want to successfully move into maintenance and really be in control 100% of my food and my health. I will RUN my first 5k and run the whole thing.

I will not let fear or sadness get in the way of me continuing my healthy lifestyle and hopefully trying again to expand our family sometime in the new year as well, God willing.

What's your new year's resolution(s)?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment