Sunday, October 27, 2013

Background

My name is Jessica. I also go by Faiza, depending on where/how you know me. That was my name when I served in the Peace Corps in Niger. That is where my story begins. I left for adventure and fell in love. Then we started a family. We have a beautiful two year old daughter named Henna.

On October 26th at 5:38 AM I gave birth to our baby boy at 20 weeks of pregnancy. He passed and is now in the arms of God to be loved and cared for until I can see him again. We named him Alhassan.

In the mere three days that this experience has spanned, friends and family and just people have been coming out of the wood work sharing with me their own experiences, tales of joy and sorrow in children they have not been able to raise in the physical world. I too want to share my story and hope it brings peace to someone else.

It's hard when some one asks you how you're doing because I don't think they're really expecting a true response. But, I promise you, here you may read my innermost thoughts and feelings and know that deep down I am and I will be okay. I put full faith in God, however you may name him (in our house God and Allah are interchangeable yet we both believe in a creator, a higher power who guides us in our life) I know that everything in this life is a part of my destiny and I'm not going to question why this happened... I would drive myself crazy.

So, this begins my blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment