Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Routines

Oh so much has changed these past few weeks. At work, we've went from being short staffed, to having a prolonged illness that's kept another staff member down, poor lady!, and then a whirlwind hiring process and now training. And of course my hospital stay and having to have our awesome staff cover for me as well. My husband took a second job las week and has been coping with his new schedule.

I really miss being at work when I'm not there. I don't like not seeing to my post. I decided after losing Alhassan that it would be best to start back working half days and then using the remainder of the day to rest. I also decided that I was ready to get back on Jenny Craig. Between September 2012 and June 2013 I lost 85 pounds and started to get back my zest for exercise. While pregnant, you cannot continue with Jenny and I was frustrated so I just gave up. Not my brightest moment but alas, it's what I did. Just more proof that I have much longer to go to fix the emotional issues behind my weight issues.

Sunday night, I called my center even though I knew they were closed and left a message to have my counselor (JCC) or the manager call me back to talk. Obviously, I had to explain to them why I was coming back sooner than anticipated. I was determined to get in Monday and buy my food and restart. I had my mom call the center again as I was very busy handling our normal Monday pace at work. She spoke with the manager and let her know what had happened. I think it was good for her to call, I know she cried it out a little herself. She set me up for my appointment later that afternoon.

I went to lunch with our AMAZING new hire but was still having trouble with my appetite. I spent almost 2 days being unable to eat in the case that I had to have surgery and then with grief there is a lack of appetite as well for some. After lunch I headed directly to Jenny Craig and met with a new JCC as mine didn't work until later that afternoon. She was very nice but I made my appointment next week with my original JCC.

Today was my first day back on my planned menu and it felt amazing. I made myself eat everything even though I wasn't feeling that hungry. I know not eating enough will not help me at all. It's very therapeutic to write out my plan and to check it off as I go. Getting back into this routine was help keep me busy and get me back into fighting shape. Can't wait to get fully back into my work routine as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment