Wednesday, January 1, 2014

How do you Measure a Year?

"Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes, how do you measure, measure a year? In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee? In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife? In five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes how do you measure, measure a year in the life?"
- Seasons of Love, from RENT

Welcome to 2014!!

As I posted before, I've never set a new year's resolution before. This year one of my goals is to reach onederland.... which I DID!!! This very morning:



I had my lovely JCC snap a photo (the official Jenny Craig weigh in) of this momentous occasion so sorry for the blurry pic. Subtracting the months when I was pregnant I've been on plan for a year now...

So what did I accomplish in these 365 days with my health and fitness?

In September 2012 I started at Jenny Craig weighing in at 271.4 lbs
As of this morning I am at 199.8 lbs (I did get to the 180's pre pregnancy but I'm not counting this now)

I've lost 71.6 pounds

My measurements:
             Sept 2012                    Jan 2014         Total lost:

Bust:     52.2 in.                        42 in.              - 10.2 in.

Waist:   50 in.                           38 in.              - 12 in.

Abs:     55.4 in.                        45 in.              - 10.4 in.

Hips:   56 in.                            45 in.              - 11 in.

That's 43.6 INCHES!!!! A whole 3.8 feet off of my body and that's not even measuring all that could be measured.

Now for the non scale victories that I accomplished this year:
- trained for and walk/jogged my first 5k in Oct. 2013 (while pregnant)
- fit into a size 14! ... I probably haven't worn a 14 since I was 14 ... for real, though!
- had a lovely beach vacation where I looked awesome in my suit (IMO)
- spent a weekend walking all around New York (and not needing to sit down every 5 minutes)

The year held it's low points... stress at work, lost my way for a few months, and the passing of my son at just 20 weeks of pregnancy. But all in all, this year held so much more good than it did painful. I couldn't have asked for a better year worth of progress and I'm looking forward to adding more 5k's to my repertoire and getting to goal this year. 

34.8 pounds and five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes to lose them in...

What did you accomplish last year and what will you do this year?? Comment and let me know :)



No comments:

Post a Comment