Sunday, January 26, 2014

Rewards

When you've got a lot of weight to lose the best way to approach it is to break it up into phases. When I started this journey in September 2012 I weighed 271 pounds and set my goal weight as 190. At that point I didn't really know what that weight would look or feel like on me. I saw it as an attainable number. I didn't set specific rewards for set numbers of pounds lost but I had an idea in mind of things I wanted and things I was going to work towards.

The first thing I bought for myself as a reward for losing 30+ pounds was a wii. This kicked open the door to my activity increasing. I bought Just Dance Greatest Hits since the commercials always looked fun. I danced on that ALL the time.

As I was mentally preparing to start the C25K program, my next weight goal was met and rewarded with a new pair of running shoes. My husband actually got these for me. They're purple and silver and I love them.

Now I have set goals:

1. Meet my VDay Challenge of 193 -- 4 pairs of workout pants (I weighed in at 195 today and went ahead and bought a pair today ... a LARGE... no X in front of that L my friends)


2. Hit 185 -- A  Fitbook  or maybe the set?
3. Hit 180 -- Buy the remainder of the year for the rec center (on 3 month pass right now)
4. Hit 175 -- A mani/pedi and massage (I'll need to save up money for this one too)
5. Hit 170 -- Buy new summer wardrobe (it might have to be from family dollar but I want some new      summer dresses)
6. Hit goal of 165 (if I don't lower it again) Portraits at JCP with my old clothes. And also as a family.

That's all I've got for now but I do throw some things in here or there... still trying to find a used Zumba wii game that's less than $50 just for fun. I'd love to go to a zumba class but don't want to go alone.

So what are you gonna do to reward yourself for all your hard work??

No comments:

Post a Comment