Monday, January 13, 2014

Sick-tracked

Ugh! I have caught something. Last week I was up on the scale a little bit but that was no big deal. Hey, it happens, right? Even on weeks where I'm on point with food I occasionally see a slight gain. Luckily, the 9+ months I've spent on this journey have prepared me for this happening.

Friday night I went out. I had even saved calories for a few drinks with my hip hop family.


Was the double fisting of the beer necessary... eh, probably not but it happened

I still drug my butt out of bed the next morning and went right to hip hop... I felt like there was bud light on tap running out of my pores but I felt great just sweating all that junk out. But last night's mascara was not a welcome part of this workout. My eyes were stinging so bad after that hour.


I burned almost 500 calories and got in almost my entire step goal for the day. Later that day we were expecting family in from Cincinnati so I headed over to my parent's house. That's where things started to go downhill for me. My body was so sore which isn't always unusual after hip hop... but this was EXTREME fatigue and pain in all of my muscles. Then I started to feel a tickle in my throat and couldn't stop coughing... Did I post before that my husband came down with STREP THROAT over Christmas!!??

At this point it still just felt like a cold and I had dinner out with the family. My daughter and I shared a meal and I didn't finish my part. I knew I was over my calories slightly but knew there was hip hop and c25k training in store for me the next afternoon.... well, NEVER count on eating your exercise calories back before you burn them because as I lay in bed that night I started sweating and shaking and couldn't find a position in which phlegm wasn't choking me. So, downstairs I went... feeling miserable and knowing there was no way I was going to be able to workout. Even if I had tried my husband would have rightfully given me the death stare. 

My fever pushed past 100ยบ and I was really feeling crappy now. What did I do to make matters worse... I decided to get on the scale STU-PID!! If you're sick... do yourself a favor and don't get on the scale.

This morning I need to go have the dreaded step swab so I haven't eaten anything yet but I did consume about 3 glasses of orange juice. I'm trying to cater to my body but weigh in is on Wednesday. I've decided I'm going to employ my own advice here and ask for a free pass... My JCC can weigh me but I'm going to stand backwards on the scale. She can tell me next week what my total loss/gain was over this past week and next week.

So yes, I wasn't perfect this week on my own but being sick is no joke. You need to hydrate, up your vitamin c and make sure your energy stays up. So... take a free pass when you're sick... okay, I've put off the strep test long enough.... off to the DR.


No comments:

Post a Comment