Friday, January 24, 2014

What's on the Menu: Week 12

As I walked around the grocery store I did really have anything in mind other than the coconut cheesecake cravings I was having. Breakfast is the hardest meal for me when it comes to cooking so I settle for either egg beaters or frozen fare. I'm not and probably never will be the type of person who cooks all their meals from scratch. I give extra kudos to those are who do that but I'm not at that point. Convenience is still king for me right now.

This week my cart ended up filled with:
1 cauliflower
Bell peppers
Onions
Kraut
Knor side dishes (rice and pasta many flavors)
SmartOnes breakfast scrambles
Morningstar corndogs
Morningstar sausage links
Coconut greek yogurt
Bagel thins
Special K Flatbread breakfast sandwiches
Luna bars (cookie dough and smores)

When I pre log in my meals I usually log in the main breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Then I add in my snacks on the day. I almost always have a low cal string cheese and an anytime bar from Jenny Craig.

Thursday:
B -- Aunt Jemima scramble, 1 c. mandarin oranges, string cheese
S -- anytime bar
L -- JC mesquite chicken
D -- JC chipotle chicken

Friday:
B -- JC tortellini soup, small ice cap with milk not cream
S -- kettle corn, 6 hershey's hugs
L -- JC Pasta Ole
S -- Peanut butter crackers
D -- JC cheese ravioli

Saturday:
B -- Smart Ones Scramble
L -- 1 c. Knorr taco rice with 6 oz. chicken tenderloins cooked with Pam and taco seasoning
D -- 4 morningstar sausage links in 1 c kraut

Sunday:
B -- Flatbread sandwich
L -- 2 morningstar corndogs w/mustard baked turnip fries w/ketchup
D -- 1 1/2 c taco rice with spicy cauliflower

Monday:
B -- SmartOnes scramble
L -- 1 c. Knorr Chicken flavored fettucini w 4 oz. balsamic marinated chicken tenderloins
D -- 4 oz hamburger on flatbread

Tuesday and Wednesday I don't have figured out yet. I think I'm going to make another Knorr Rice dish. I use the Spanish rice version, add marinated chicken and 1/2 cup seasoned black beans and serve over a bed of lettuce, top with salsa.

I've been good about marinating and preparing a bunch of chicken that I then store in the fridge, weigh and then add to dishes. It makes cooking time so much shorter!

No comments:

Post a Comment