Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Weigh In Wednesday

Wednesday's have been my weigh in day since I started Jenny Craig in September 2012. I learned early on that weight loss is NOT linear. It is an up, down, turned around, crazy process. There are weeks where I worked out everyday, ate perfectly and still saw a gain at my 11:40 am trip to the scale... only to see 3-4 pounds less on the scale the next day. It's important to 1) realize that there are MANY factors that will play out when you hop on the scale and 2) do your best to keep things "controlled". I weigh in at the same time of day and for the longest time I wore the same clothes. As time has progressed I've been less and less worried about keeping everything the same. The sooner you come to realize just how much your body fluctuates, the better.

So last week I was at 198.4

This week..... 199.4! + 1

Here's some things I know about this week and these non-scale victories often carry me through to the next Wednesday.
 -- I am no longer sick
 -- I got in 3 hip hop workouts
 -- I started c25k week 3 and didn't pass out LOL

As soon as I got back to the office after my weigh in I quickly realized that my monthly visitor was now in town and that could have played a part in my gain as well. But, my newest pants are falling off so I know I'm still losing the inches.

During my c25k run tonight I wanted to quit! I was almost done with my last 3 minutes of running and the week off was really catching up to me. Then I slowed my pace and realized... slowing down is ALWAYS better than stopping. I'm glad I finished the run and then after that I headed to the grocery store to get some staples for the week. Tomorrow I'll go over my meal plan for the week and share some recipes that I plan on using or trying out.


I also tried out a new snack bar (170 calories) by Luna... it's Chocolate chip cookie dough flavored. I get leery of protein bars and often HATE the taste but this was UH MAZ ING:



No comments:

Post a Comment