Friday, February 21, 2014

C25K Update



I'm back on my training schedule... on what exact schedule I don't know yet... but it felt GREAT to run today. I've been neglecting my c25k for a few reasons.



1) HIP HOP!! It's consuming my exercise life. I like it, I love it, can't get enough of it. The people are great and frankly, it's more fun. My friend Jill wrote me the sweetest card the other day just encouraging me and thanking me for helping to encourage her at the same time. I sat in my car reading it and crying. I was so touched and thankful for meeting these awesome people.

At hip hop in my Color Me Rad 5k shirt!!! Best of both worlds

2) Guilt... not guilt about running but guilt about not spending enough time with Moctar and Henna. Also guilt for always having my parents watch Henna. Yes, I know they love spending time with her but we all have busy schedules. But I also don't want to sacrifice exercising. It's the ultimate stress relief right now and I've come to rely on my daily sessions.

Sometimes Henna goes to hip hop... sometimes Mama then goes crazy... LOL
Who wouldn't want to spend every waking minute with these two??

3) I'd had a horrible cold and was having a hard time breathing through all the congestion.

I was a little nervous going into it today. Week 4 is where the intervals get longer but it was remarkably easy. I didn't look at my phone obsessively trying to figure out how much longer until I could walk. My legs didn't hurt and I wasn't gasping for breath.

Here is my at our hip hop demo tonight:

My 5k is coming up on April 12th. I'm getting more and more excited and scared!! But I'll keep running even if I can only get it in on the weekends. Here is my photo from last October... my first 5k and was the same Color Me Rad that I'll be doing this April. My husband is signed up but I don't know if he'll be able to just due to school to work.




No comments:

Post a Comment