Monday, February 17, 2014

Enchiladas!!

My mom makes delicious enchiladas and I was craving them so bad. I made some substitutions and made a version of enchiladas. I used some extra rice from the night before but I included ways to lighten this recipe even more. But I made three VERY filling enchiladas that lasted me from an early lunch to a late dinner with hip hop in-between.



Enchiladas (total meal: 600 calories) SUPER filling

3 soft flour tortillas (Old El Paso brand)
Green chile enchilada sauce (or red if you prefer)
½ c 2% Milk shredded Colby jack cheese

4 oz. chicken tenderloins cooked in pam seasoned with Taco Seasoning, salt, pepper and garlic powder (shredded)
2 tbsp sour cream
Green chiles (small can)
¼ c. chicken flavor rice side (Knorr brand made with no butter or oil)

Mix together the shredded chicken, chiles, sour cream and rice

Spray pan with Pam and put a layer of enchilada sauce at the bottom of dish

Fill tortillas with mixture, roll and place in pan

Cover with enchilada sauce and top with cheese. Bake 15-30 minutes at 350ยบ

**To make lighter – don’t add rice, use 1 tbsp sour cream vs. 2 (or greek yogurt) and only ¼ c of cheese (or cheese free, dare you... not me... I love cheese). You could even make two enchiladas with about 2 oz of chicken. But as I said this kept my REALLY full. It was a great lunch on a busy day.

I would also make a side of grilled onions and bell peppers :)


No comments:

Post a Comment