Saturday, February 22, 2014

Weigh In Weds.... err... Saturday

Pretty much since the beginning of my weight loss journey with Jenny Craig my weigh ins have always been on Wednesdays. I decided to change the day because as office manager I don't always get out right at my lunch time and it was becoming stressful for me. Also, due to my workout schedule I always felt like I was retaining water in muscle soreness the night before my weigh in's. Since moving to Saturday I've been doing well but I've come to the conclusion that I have not been eating enough calories for my much busier exercise schedule.

This week's weight loss was AWESOME!! I was down 2.6 pounds today weighing in at 191.8 pounds

This is actually more exciting to me than hitting onederland the second time. I'm about 5 pounds away from my lowest weight which I hit in June 2013.

This week I was ravenous!!! I was constantly hungry and my normal strategies weren't working. What are my normal strategies to decipher between mental hunger and physical hunger?
1. Drink a 32 oz. mug of water to see if I still fell hungry after
2. Drink some warm broth
3. Eat a string cheese or other low cal. snack to see if my hunger persists
4. Get up and walk around the office and see if I still feel hungry

If I had been at home I would have made some green beans or some other non-starchy veggie to fill the void but these attacks were happening in the middle of my workday. Frankly, I HATE veggies. The ones I have learned to love I only enjoy fresh out of the oven. I'm progressing but it's still hard for me.
I ate this week around 1500/1600 calories a day on average. And that resulted in a much bigger loss than last week when I ate between 1200/1400 calories per day and lost about half a pound. My body was getting thrown into starvation mode and holding onto my weight.

So, I may up my calories on myfitnesspal to 1500. I am nervous about doing it but I think it's what I need. I'm not quite certain that my Up band records my calorie burn as accurately as before. I'm lusting over the polar watch but I don't know enough about them yet. What model would work best for me? Will I wear it and utilize it enough to make it worth the money?... I think so but I'd love to know more so if any of you have one please give me your input.

Maybe I'll put that on my birthday wish list.

No comments:

Post a Comment